9 Sand Park Rd
9 Sand Park is a 22,000 square foot multi-tenant, multi-use building on 1 acre in Cedar Grove, NJ. Justin Klabin redesigned the building in 2011 soon after acquiring it from an automotive technology manufacturer. Historically used by the same company for approximately 50 years, the building was renovated creating 6 tenant units with private entrances and common hallway and loading areas. The building has 35 on-site parking spaces and a double loading dock.
Unit sizes are 1000, 8200, 1500, 4300, 2600, and 1800 square feet. Klabin Eco builds all tenant spaces to meet tenant specifications, and acts as the property manager for the property. Units vary from studio space to gym space, as well as offices.
Efficiency elements as part of the renovation include:
- Installation of 3 solar arrays to provide power to 3 tenants
- High efficiency tinted and low-E insulated glass windows
- Energy efficient rooftop heating and cooling packages
- On-demand water heating
- Reflective TPO roofing to reduce heat load to the building
- Zero VOC paints and formaldehyde free fiberglass insulation
- Installation of T8 and LED lighting, and occupancy sensors to turn lights off automatically
- Low maintenance landscaping and a limited pesticide-free lawn